Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
As part of the WIM Next Generation efforts to create horizontal functions to support all client coverage channels, a new organization has been formed to drive delivery of its non-investment products and services. This new group, Banking, Lending and Trust, brings teams and functions currently found across WIM’s consumer businesses under a common, WIM-level organization. The team will be focused on transforming from channel-based to client-focused solutions and delivery in an effort to reduce operational risk, improve efficiency, increase consistency/coordination, and bring focus on product management / development to drive innovative growth and improve the client experience. Additionally, the new group will drive a WIM-level culture of product management excellence by creating a culture of innovation, product excellence, client service and risk mitigation.
This team is responsible for the following functions:
- Lending and Banking Products (custom and consumer packaged)
- Deposit Strategy and Management
- WIM Enterprise Partnerships
- Trust and Fiduciary Services Management
- M&A Business Advisory Services
Senior Wealth Management Bankers within Banking, Lending, & Trust (BL&T) are skilled banking specialists responsible for managing, servicing, and growing relationships with high net worth (HNW) and ultra-high net worth (UHNW) clients. Client-facing and located in-market, they partner with Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Relationship Managers (RMs) within the Client Relationship Group and other Specialists to provide deep banking expertise to help create, grow, and maintain client wealth.
Senior Wealth Management Bankers manage the depository and credit relationships of HNW/UHNW clients which often have complex asset and entity structures and multi-family relationships. By integrating balance sheet, cash flow and planning needs, they strategize and advise clients and RMs on appropriate consumer credit, deposit, and treasury management strategies and products.
Bankers identify and implement banking and credit solutions to help wealthy clients achieve their financial goals. They deliver an exceptional client experience by demonstrating responsiveness, urgency, professionalism, and competence.
Senior Wealth Management Bankers are responsible for strong risk management in the complex wealth client banking business and represent the highest standards of integrity, partnership, client focus, and operational excellence.
Senior Wealth Management Banker:
- Client-facing wealth banking specialists work directly with clients in coordination with RM's in WIM Client Relationship Group
- Responsible for deepening and broadening relationships with HNW/UHNW clients to help grow WIM and Wells Fargo enterprise business by leading the client's end-to-end banking experience
- Located in-market and maintain strong communication and collaboration with RM's and other Specialists
- Advise HNW and UHNW clients, RM's, and other Specialists on appropriate banking and credit solutions while considering client balance sheet, cash flow, and planning objectives
- Deliver full array of depository, treasury management, and consumer products and services to existing HNW/UHNW clients
- Delivers, constructs and implements consumer credit and deposit strategies and solutions to RM's when acquiring new clients
- Manage, service, and grow existing and largest HNW/UHNW client banking relationships
- Responsible for credit, operational, compliance, and regulatory risk adherence associated with all banking products and clients
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced bankers
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Private Banking, Wealth Management, or Consumer
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 66 exams to qualify for immediate registration
- Insurance licenses for designated insurance lines, considering state law restrictions
- Excellent sales and relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of credit and cash management services
- Knowledge of wealth management products and referral partnerships
- Excellent sales advisory and discovery skills
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 and Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within a 90 or 180-day time period contingent upon number of license(s) needed if not immediately available to transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted. This will be communicated at time of offer acceptance
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $130,200 Mid: $186,000 Max: $241,800
CA-Walnut Creek: Min: $130,200 Mid: $186,000 Max: $241,800
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
CA-Walnut Creek: 2001 N Main St - Walnut Creek, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.